The National Christoffelpark Curacao — a must see for everyone!
Christoffelpark is the largest national park of Curacao and a must see for everyone. The park has a rich variety of local flora and fauna. Nature lovers will find the park teeming with local birds and plants, including species, which are not easily seen elsewhere on the island. For example wild orchids, the Palabrua, the rare native barn owl. The Curacao White Tailed deer (of which there are only about 250 left) and much more.
Hiking trails and activities
There are eight hiking trails, allowing the visitor the choice between an easy stroll, or for instance, a challenging hike to the top of the Christoffel mountain (recommended for early morning). Scenic car routes take you through underbush, around hills and across sea swept bluffs. The park also organizes special activities, including safaris, deer watching, animal presentations, cave excursions, a guided park tour and many special trips like occasional full moon walks and sunrise safari’s.
Culture and history
Besides natural riches the park also offer much in the way of culture and history. Plantation Savonet is one of the earliest plantations to be set up on the island and is one of the most complete plantation complexes with structures including the plantation house, store houses, dams, wells and much more. The former plantation house now locates Savonet Museum. This is one of the cultural highlights of Curacao and definately worth a visit. There is a seperate entrance fee to the museum, but if you want to visit the museum as well as the park special prices apply.
All in all visitors will need a minimum of 1 day to explore all attractions of the park.
Visitors are welcomed from Mondays to Sundays. At the front desk our personnel give all the information about possibilities and tours. Driving through the park on the paved routes with your own car is one of the possibilities as is hiking on of the selected trails. To get better image of the park and its natural resources we suggest you participate in one of the guided trips offered almost daily. It is recommended to make a reservation for a guided trip. For more information on activities and to make reservations please contact us.
Mondays to Saturdays: 07.30 AM – 16.00 PM (No admittance after 14.30 PM)
Sundays: 06.00 AM – 15.00 PM (No admittance after 13.30 PM)
* If you want to climb the Christoffel mountain please come in the early morning. Make sure you start the hike before 11.00 o’clock. Due to the hot weather conditions it is not allowed to start the climb later.
* IMPORTANT: In connection with asphalting work on Weg naar Westpunt, the following:
- March 20th and 21st: Weg naar Westpunt will be closed from 7am to 5pm.
- March 27th 28th: Weg naar Westpunt will be closed from 7am to 5pm.
- Detour routes will be marked
- Shete Boka National Park and Christoffel National Park (country house Savonet) will remain accessible through Westpunt, this will also be indicated by the detour signs.
- March 29th: the first section will be paved towards Shete Boca National Park.
- April 3rd: initiation of implementation of asphalt milling in Savonet.
Fees (starting January 1st, 2017)
Christoffel Park + FREE entrance to Savonet Museum
Adults: Nafl. 25.00 or US$ 14.50
Children 6-12 years: Nafl. 7.50 or US$4.50
Children 0-6 years: Free
Group fee: Nafl. 15.00 / US$ 8.50 (groups must consist of 15 people or more)
Christoffel Park for local people + FREE entrance to Savonet Museum
(valid ID card or drivers license from Curaçao is required)
Adults: Nafl 5.00
Children: 6 – 12 years: Nafl. 5.00
Children: 0 – 5 years: Free
Group fee: Nafl. 5 (groups must consist of 15 people or more)
* Tickets to Christoffel Park sold daily before 11 o’clock.
Prices vary for special activities.
Entrance Savonet Museum only
Adults: Nafl.5.00 or $3 (for both locals and tourists)
Children: Nafl.3.50 or US$ 2 (for both locals and tourists)